The use of cannabis is currently a hot topic in the medical community. For thousands of years, marijuana has been used as a medicinal plant. Thanks to the advancements in medical science, researchers were able to extract cannabidiol (CBD) from cannabis.
Since the discovery of this substance, more and more studies have proven its efficacy in treating many types of diseases. The good news is, WHO reported that CBD has no harmful effect on health if taken in the right dosages.
Still doubtful about the healing properties of cannabis? Read on to know more about cannabidiol and how it can help treat some of your ailments.
CBD’s Medical Wonders
Here are some of the therapeutic benefits of CBD:
- Relieves Different Kinds of Pain – Researchers discovered that cannabis can ease various types of chronic pain, including rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Calms Anxiety and Fights Depression – Cannabidiol can calm and invigorate your nerves. In fact, many patients prefer using CBD oil over medicine bought in pharmacies. For them, the latter is safer and has no side effects like headaches and insomnia.
- Heals and Protects the Nervous System – Medical marijuana has the capacity to help cure disorders in the nervous system such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. Researchers also found that this substance can reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Boosts Heart Health – There are studies showing medical cannabis to improve blood circulation. Aside from being a potent antioxidant, CBD can also alleviate stress, one of the major reasons for high blood pressure.
- Reduces Cancer Symptoms – Scientists found that cannabidiol has anti-cancer properties like antioxidants.
- Cures Substance Abuse – Medicinal weed can also help in rewiring the brain to prevent substance abuse. In some laboratory studies, researchers discovered that the substance reduced dependence of animals on tobacco, morphine, and heroin.
Ways to Consume Cannabidiol
You can take in cannabidiol in many ways, such as:
By Eating – Since the legalization of medical marijuana in many states, you can now buy cannabis concentrates and edibles. There are candies, capsules, cookies, brownies, beverages, and other food items. You can even find recipes for preparing CBD-packed meals.
By Applying to the Skin – You can buy CBD oils, lotions and balms that you can apply to your skin. This is effective in relieving muscle aches and even treating acne and other skin diseases.
By Inhaling – You can put some drops of CBD oil into an aroma diffuser. You can also use for vaping.
By Placing Under the Tongue – You can put a drop of CBD oil under your tongue to quickly absorb the oil’s active ingredients.
Ideal CBD Doses
Here are the ideal dosages of cannabidiol for treating some diseases:
Chronic Pain: 2.5-20mg taken orally
Epilepsy: 200-300mg taken orally, every day
Sleep Disorders: 40mg-160mg, orally
Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms: 2.5-120 mg daily for 2-15 weeks.
Schizophrenia: 40-1,280mg orally, daily
Micro-Dosing Cannabis Supplements
To boost the benefits of cannabidiol, many people use a technique known as micro-dosing. Instead of taking in one full dose every day, they are divided into smaller portions and taken many times. For example, the doctor prescribed you to take 25mg for chronic pain, you can divide it into five separate 5mg doses during breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and before going to bed.
You can also apply this technique to all types of cannabidiol supplements. You can apply CBD oil or vape multiple times in smaller doses within the day instead of just only once a day.
Consult your doctor now to know if you can take in medical cannabis to improve your health.
About Wellness BioSciences Rx (WBRx)
Wellness BioSciences Rx (WBRx) is a global innovator in the delivery of science-based wellness consumables in partnership with health care providers directly to their respective patient base. Our products specialize in the development of the highest grade 100% USA-grown hemp oil rich in CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBN, CBC, and terpenes.
Because we have the ability to completely remove the THC from our oil, we are able to ship our products across state lines and to dozens of countries around the world. WBRx was founded by Barry Cocheu and Sean Baker.